Pageviews last month

Henry Nasilele

Henry Nasilele
This is Me !

Friday, August 27, 2010

Luggage on Lap !

Recently I was traveling from the Copperbelt to Lusaka on a luxury Coach.

Seated next to me was an elderly lady who was traveling to the same destination as myself.

What attracted my attention to this lady, was the fact that despite the coach having luggage compartments, the lady decided to carry her traveling bag on her lap for all the more than three hundred kilometres to Lusaka!

http://is.gd/eGwNe

I could not find out from her why she decided to do so, as I saw it fit that it was none of my business.

My only conclusion I made was that, the lady was just trying to protect her valuables in the bag. She must have heard of travellers who have lost their property whilst traveling.

In our own lives a lot of people carry their burdens in their shoulders unnecessarily.

Our Lord and Saviour tells us that we should offload our burdens onto Him. This will give us the opportunity to enjoy the comfort of traveling on His "luxury coach".

Our Lord, Jesus Christ, says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28).

By having a constant companionship with our Lord by abiding in his Word, the burdens of our lives will be lighter to bear as He will carry them for us most of the way.

Good day and stay blessed.

Amen!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks,henry.The post is so awakening .You see,time and time again we do forget what our lord Jesus is ready to relieve us of our burdens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,henry.The post is so awakening .You see,time and time again we do forget what our lord Jesus is ready to relieve us of our burdens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks,henry.The post is so awakening .You see,time and time again we do forget what our lord Jesus is ready to relieve us of our burdens.

    ReplyDelete