Pageviews last month

Henry Nasilele

Henry Nasilele
This is Me !

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beware of Conmen !

Conmen are becoming more and more tricky and sophisticated !

Yesterday at about 10 hrs. I received a telephone call which looked coming from an international source. The number was in the format : +256 312 xxx xxx.

The "x"s representing some other numbers.

I replied to it and I was connected to an automated answering machine.

The recorded female voice on the other side welcomed me to some survey which I did not clearly understand. However, I was given three options.

Press 1 to continue
Press 2 to call later
Press 3 to quit the survey

Out of curiosity I pressed 1 to continue.

I was welcomed to the "Survey" and was asked to give my details.

At this time, my six sense warned me that I was about to fall into a trap of confidence tricksters. I ended the call without giving any information about myself.

At 10:38 hrs. I again got a call from the same international number. This time I pressed the "Reject" button on my mobile.

I thought I had got rid of the conmen!

At 11:10 hrs. The same international number called again. This time I followed the instruction and chose the "Press 3" option to quit the survey!

Dear friends be warned that Conmen are becoming more and more sophisticated.

Do not allow yourself to participate in any lotteries or unsolicited surveys.

Once you give your details, you are on the route to the hell of torment !

I hope this will be of help to someone.

Stay blessed !

No comments:

Post a Comment